Sharon Oh-KubischOf Counsel
SHARON OH-KUBISCH is of counsel at Smiley Wang-Ekvall, LLP. Ms. Oh-Kubisch concentrates her practice on business litigation, and she has handled a wide range of complex matters, specializing primarily in the areas of commercial real estate, finance, financial services and business disputes. Her current and former clients include a diverse range of lenders, financial institutions, brokers, builders, developers, investors, subcontractors, brokers, mortgage companies, homeowners’ associations, property managers, and businesses seeking outside general counsel. Her experience includes all phases of litigation in both state and federal courts as well as alternative dispute resolution, and she has obtained several multi-million judgments on behalf of clients. Prior to joining Smiley Wang-Ekvall, Ms. Oh-Kubisch served as Assistant General Counsel for three private real estate funds, managing their transactional and litigation department.
Ms. Oh-Kubisch received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications from the University of California at San Diego in 1993, and her law degree from Golden Gate University School of Law, where she graduated with honors in 1998. During law school, she was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award in Products Liability, was a member of the Moot Court Team for the National Appellate Advocacy Competition, and a Runner-up Finalist in the Appellate Advocacy Competition.
Ms. Oh-Kubisch volunteers for the National Charity League-Canyon Chapter and is a board member for Capo Girls Softball.
- Chair, Business Litigation Section of the Orange County Bar Association, 2020
- Chair Elect, Business Litigation Section of the Orange County Bar Association, 2019
- Secretary/Treasurer, Business Litigation Section of the Orange County Bar Association, 2018
- Chair Elect, Real Estate Section of the Orange County Bar Association, 2022
- Secretary/Treasurer, Real Estate Section of the Orange County Bar Association, 2021
- Administration of Justice Committee Member of the Orange County Bar Association, 2021-22
- Board of Director, OCBA Charitable Fund of the of the Orange County Bar Association, 2022
- Board of Director, Orange County Asian American Bar Association, 2020-22